photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Sunday, November 23, 2014

30 Before 30 Update

It's been a few weeks since my original post on turning 29 and my list of want to do first published. So far, I have done a couple things off my list which is pretty cool {I think}. 
  1. Enter a photography contest
  2. Have a girls night at Painting with a Twist
The photography contest was my first cross off you might recall. I wasn't able to go to the actual festival where the winner were announced. It kind of coincided with nap time and  Little Miss has been getting over a sinus infection so I really wasn't too keen to taking her out and about {or leaving her behind for that matter}. I still haven't been able to find the results of the contest yet. Secretly I am hoping to receive something in the mail letting me know I placed in a category, but perhaps my wishful thinking is getting the best of me. I am also checking their website for a update....obviously nothing yet.

My friends Hannah and Jessica have planned our next girly adventure to Painting with a Twist. Our class is scheduled to paint this picture. 


Honestly, I don't particularly like this painting template much. I think it is the color combinations I am not fond of. What do you think? Who knows, maybe they will let you choose your own colors? I don't know. I guess I will have to wait and see. 

The big picture is not the painting itself, but more the fun and camaraderie of a girls outing!! It was a dreary and raining morning. Traffic was a little heavy on the interstate. I thought we were going to be late and miss our class. Luckily, traffic eventually let up and we made it with plenty of time to spare.


The studio was really neat. One of the first things I did was walk around and look at all the painting examples displayed on the wall. I found some other painting that I would love to come back and paint. I don't know if my house has enough wall space, but I do know that they would make lovely gifts.

As our session started, we listened to a variety of music. The instructor gave us really simple and easy to follow instructions. I think with a few classes one would learn a few good techniques which could be easily replicated outside the studio. For example, did you know that you could use white chalk to draw out your picture on the canvas? I didn't, but then again, I've never taken an art class.


Our class lasted a little over two hours. A lot of our time was spent waiting for paint to literally dry!  Going to PWAT was a super fun way to spend our morning out. I will say that we were starving when it was all said and done. 



I decided that my newest piece of artwork would look lovely in or near Little Miss' room. I am going to go to Wal-Mart or a craft store and get a paint pen and try to put a bible verse in my "best calligraphy attempt" inside the pink cross. What do you think? Good idea? 

I am definitely going to PWAT again in the not so distant future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment