photo home_zpse8e5a120.jpg photo 2_zpsce2eaec1.jpg photo 3_zpsde71fa93.jpg photo 4_zpsb1131224.jpg photo 5_zps02c268bf.jpg photo 6_zpsf633eeeb.jpg photo 7_zps70e45893.jpg photo 8_zpsd7f017ee.jpg photo 9_zps795bf77f.jpg
 photo SEPARATORSLIDER-MENU_zpsd2dd6681.png

Friday, July 25, 2014

Business Card Bad Luck

I have had bad luck with business cards. Does that make sense? A little confused?

Let me explain.....

There have been three times in my adult life when I have requested or issued business cards. The first time was when I started teaching and my email address was printed incorrectly. The second time was right before I left for summer break this year. I finally requested new ones after the email email misprint. (Yes, I know I could have done this much earlier, it just wasn't on my list of priorities.) Well wouldn't you know if my title/subject area was mislabeled. The card says I teach science. I do not teach science. I teach social science (aka social studies). I will definitely be sending these little boogers back to the print shop ASAP. I know it was probably a simple mistake and not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but is it so much to ask to have my work card correct? I am proud of what I do. I am a professional and I want to be able to distribute a nice card at parent teacher conferences or professional developments. 

On to business card number three. Recently Vistaprint did their semi annual sale when they slashed prices 50%! So when prices are that great, I decided it might be a good idea to make a business card for my photography. While I don't consider my hobby a true business yet, I know that if I plan to continue to build a portfolio and client base I'll need something to promote and distribute to clients and potential clients. 

Here's the cards I got:

They are simple just how I like it. I triple checked that there was no errors. If there were the responsibility would be mine. I ordered 500 for less than $15 which includes shipping. I am secretly looking forward to giving away my first card. It's the little things right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment